- This event has passed.
January 3, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Is eating better one of your New Year’s resolutions? Learn how eating like a caveman (or woman) can help you feel better, lose weight, increase your energy, and more. Join us for the free 9am WOD at CrossFit Iniquus, and then stay for the party. We will have information about paleo eating (in general), as well as some more specific “resets,” including Whole30 and The 21-Day Sugar Detox, and resources for finding paleo food and drink locally. Of course, it’s not a party without food, so we’ll have some of our favorite paleo recipes for you to try (with recipe cards to take home), and even some paleo-friendly beverages!
Please visit the Facebook event page to RSVP, so we know how much food and drink to have at the event.
Thank you for joining us! We hope you enjoy this small taste of the “paleo” way of eating, which is based on the types of foods our hunter-gatherer ancestors are. It consists primarily of meat, fish, seafood, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, and seeds. When you eat paleo, you will exclude all of the following from your diet:
- Grains (wheat, corn, etc…)
- Legumes (including peanuts)
- Refined sugar
- Processed foods
- Refined vegetable oils
Getting started with paleo can be daunting if you’re used to eating the Standard American Diet (SAD :-(). If you don’t know where to begin, it might help to use one of the following plans to really map out exactly what you need to do. They will give you guidelines, yes/no food lists, recipes, shopping lists, and much more.
Please visit our hosts, sponsors, and vendors:
- CrossFit Iniquus: http://www.crossfitiniquus.com/
- Paleo Primate: http://paleoprimate.com/
- Carol Green, Wildtree: http://mywildtree.com/CarolGreen
- The Wooden Spoon: http://on.fb.me/1D1dEYQ
- MOM’s Organic Market: http://www.momsorganicmarket.com/
- Chapul: http://chapul.com/
- Pete’s Paleo: http://petespaleo.com/ Use NEWBIE5OFF for 5% off
- RxBar: http://rxbar.com/ Use cfiniquus for 10% off
- Chrissy Rey