Chorizo and sweet potatoes are two of my favorite foods, and I thought it might be fun to try combining them. The resulting hash was very yummy. Serve this for breakfast, topped with an egg and some avocado, or eat by itself for a delicious lunch.
Make sure your ingredients are Paleo-friendly. I do most of my grocery shopping through MOMs Organic Market or Washington’s Green Grocer, so that’s pretty easy for me, but you still need to check the labels, especially on the chorizo.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 package chorizo (4 links)
- 1 package (10 oz) diced sweet potatoes, or 2 fresh sweet potatoes cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1 package (10 oz) tri-color bell peppers, or 1-2 fresh bell peppers, sliced
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to tast
- Cut the chorizo into small pieces. I cut each link into quarters, and then chopped into smaller pieces.
- Brown the ground pork in a large skillet or pot. When it’s no longer pink, add the chorizo and cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix will.
- Cover and allow to cook on low heat for about 10-15 minutes, until the veggies are cooked through.
Note: I used a 12-inch skillet, and it was pretty full before the veggies cooked down a bit, so if you don’t have a skillet that large, use a stock pot.